Saturday, October 22, 2005

It's the money supply, stupid.

A writer over at Techcentralstation says that energy prices are rising, sure, but don't be fooled. The central banks are to blame for inflation.
As important as they might be, rising oil or other energy prices cannot be the primary cause of higher consumer prices. For this to be true, the quantity of money would have to be passive and adjust itself to accommodate increases in input costs.

However, the reverse is true in that overall costs can only rise when there is an excessive expansion in credit or the money supply. Unless there are offsetting increases in money supply or credit, higher oil prices would force down all or some other prices.

Costs and prices can only rise in all or most sectors if the central bank engages in monetary pumping by loosening credit policies by lowering benchmark interest rates.

A wise man once wrote, "Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just looking around some blogs and checking different templates for ideas. Good blog with a nice template. I can start my own blog on credit repair tip thanks to your blog. I will visit weekly by the way. Like your ideas.

Anonymous said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love street low rider then you will want to be there! All kinds of street low rider will be in attendance. For more information go to street low rider
See Ya There!!

Anonymous said...

Hey good post. Look at my site if you can. Thanks! free money

Barbara Hofmeister said...

Hey, I really like your blog. I bookmarked it so I can come back often. Thanks for the great content on self improvement advice.

If you get time you can look at my self improvement advice. You will find good content on self improvement advice related stuff there.

Enjoy Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)