Sunday, April 24, 2005

This could get ugly

So, I just tried to post a response to this post in honor Earth Day over at the Colubmia Dems blog and it said my comment was awaiting approval. This is the first time it has happened and I didn't exactly notice their comment section being in need of moderation; though, i guess there were a few of us making some contentious comments. Let's see how this goes. Here is my comment, pretty reasonable I think.

The global warming debate is not nearly as cut and dry as you present it. As for the Kyoto Protocol, the expected reduction in global mean temperature will be 0.07 degrees celsius, a drop we are not even sure we can notice in our measurements.

In honor of Earth Day, i think we should all give credit where credit is due: let’s thank capitalism.

9 comments:

Jeff said...

I had no problem posting. I guess they're just wary of you, Marco ;)

marco said...

Wow, im honored.

Josh B said...

On the problem posting comments: there certainly isn't, as far as I know (and given I have manager-status over the blog, I SHOULD know), any block for certain individuals to comment, nor do I see any present reason for one. There have been some automatic 'awaiting approval' status put on a few comments courtesy of the wordpress format, seemingly haphazardly, that I have corrected asap - these have included positive, negative and neutral comments. I'm trying, with the ColumbiaDems webmaster, to work out this kink - sorry about the inconvenience.

Casey said...

check out this article in reason about earth day:

http://www.reason.com/rb/rb042205.shtml

Allison L said...

I too have had my comments moderated. Don't flatter yourself, my dears.

marco said...

Good to hear, i wouldn't have wanted our exchanges to end. But, on the other hand, the "crushing of dissent" story that would have come out of this would have been pretty fun. :)

Allison L said...

Yes, very fun- but I wonder who you'd complain to about it? Not the government, certainly. Perhaps you could sponsor an individual freedom of speech champion. But then how would said champion tell me what to do if I'm not actually hurting anyone? What a puzzle.

marco said...

I'd go straight to the spec with that one.

Allison L said...

Ooh, just think- the story could be right up alongside the editorial on skinny dipping and the article on sexual assault that glorified the perpetrator's football career.

I'm already having nightmares.