Friday, February 18, 2005

Me and California

Hey, now that I've got a username I'm now ready to go on the CCL blog. I'll start off my first post by blasting my favorite state in the country, the People's Republic of California (sorry, Marco). First, as I mentioned on Tuesday, some California lawmakers are looking for even more way to make money. They're upset that so many people are trying to save gas and are buying hybrids, because it means less state revenue through their gas tax. So, they want to put GPS devices on every car, tracking everywhere each car goes, and then start charging each driver for every mile that they travel on state roads.

In other news, there's to be no more trading school lunches at several elementary schools. That's too bad, I used to have quite a racket going in 2nd grade when I could almost always find a way to finagle some powdered donuts...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Notsure of my own viewpnt. Obviously intrusive and creepy to have Big Brother tracking your movements. But what would Rothbard say about long term pay-as-you-drive rather than tax-everyone-for-all-roads.

Anonymous said...

i'm thinking maybe an odometer reading at yearly inspection might be a good way to be not-so-big-brother and at the same time would avoid the problem of having to put tolls in everywhere..

really screws the people who spend a lot of time driving on not-publicly-owned roads, but i can't imagine that there are a whole lot of people who fit into that category(?)

Clara said...

DOWN WITH THE STATE!

Clara said...

DOWN WITH THE STATE! >:(

Clara said...

Hey, Damian/Marco/blogfather --

How do I delete a comment that I double-posted by mistake? That used to be an option here.

marco said...

Hey, you can't mess with the governator!!

marco said...

Once you login you can delete your comment.