Wednesday, December 15, 2004

World to End: Women Hardest Hit

From an AP article filed in Argentina:

Severe weather caused by global warming can pose greater physical danger to women than men, a Canadian attending a UN conference on climate change said Friday.
"For instance, often women don't know how to swim, so in a flood situation that can lead to a higher instance of death or injury," Angie Daze, a program manager with a Canadian group called Reducing Vulnerability to Climate Change, said.

But Rush Limbaugh says we musn't underestimate the survival skills of the fairer sex:

Where does this statistic come from that women can't swim? I can tell you what, I have a little common sense and I know that women have a little bit better ability to float than other people. There's fat content, folks. Think about it. Don't make me explain this. I don't want to get an FCC fine although that may help you out here. Think Pamela Anderson sinking. It's just not possible.

Besides that, it's insulting. Any fool knows how to grab hold of a piece of driftwood. Why am I even discussing this on the night before my macro exam?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even on drugs, RUSH IS RIGHT!!!! Woohoo... El Rushbo, a formidable Weapon of Mass Instruction! <3 <3 <3

Dan said...

If "formidable" is in reference to his size, yes, i agree

Adam Scavone said...

"Besides that, it's insulting. Any fool knows how to grab hold of a piece of driftwood. Why am I even discussing this on the night before my macro exam?"

because blogging is more fun than studying.
good luck!