* Alexander Hamilton (1757-1804), King's College 1774-1776; Trustee 1784-1804.
* John Jay (1745-1829), King's College 1764.
* Gouverneur Morris (1752-1816), King's College 1768: The Fun-Loving Founding Father.
At the Hoover Institution
* Richard A. Epstein, B.A. in Philosophy, 1964: The Accidental Libertarian.
* Milton Friedman,* Ph.D. 1946.
* Thomas Sowell, A.M. in Economics, 1959.
At the Cato Institute
* Mark A. Groombridge, Ph.D. in Political Science. Also taught at Columbia.
* Roger Pilon, B.A., 1971. 2001 Alumni Medal of Distinction, School of General Studies.
* Richard W. Rahn, Ph.D. in Business Economics, 1972.
* Benjamin Anderson (1886-1949), Ph.D. in Economics, 1911. Also taught at Columbia.
* Walter Block, Ph.D. in Economics, 1972. Thesis title: "The Economics of Rent Control in the U.S."
* Murray N. Rothbard (1926-1995), B.A. in Math., 1945, M.A. in Economics, 1946, Ph.D., 1956.
* Louis Rossetto Jr. (founder of Wired magazine), B.A. in Political Science, 1971, M.B.A.